Target Audience: Advanced User, IT Manager
Article #: 12075
In order to use the External Database feature TEKLYNX CENTRAL needs a data source created in CODESOFT to link it to the target database and the tables within. This article will guide you through the steps needed to set this up.
You will need to:
- Verify access to the database. For the purposes of this article, we are using an SQL database.
- Have the SQL credentials, server name and database name.
- Open CODESOFT
- Under the Tools menu, select Administrator OLE DB…
- From the Administrator OLE DB window, select New…
- Complete the forms on the Provider and Connection tabs.
- Click on Test Connection in the Connection tab.
- If the connection is successful, click OK.
- Provide a name for the connection and then press OK.
- Press the OK button and the connection is now added.
Tested Using CODESOFT 2019 and TEKLYNX CENTRAL v5.1
You can find CODESOFT Data Source database files here:
If you need further assistance, please contact us.