Target Audience: Advanced User, IT Manager
Article #: 10867
LABEL ARCHIVE is a major component in TEKLYNX CENTRAL. By default, when CODESOFT checks out a document from LABEL ARCHIVE that document will be locked. No other user will be able to print or preview the checked-out label while it is locked. This article shows a couple of methods to sidestep this behavior.
Situation and Symptoms
- A CODESOFT user (i.e. Label Designer) checks out a label design
- Another user attempts to print the label (either from BBUI or Designer) but gets an error message
TEKLYNX CENTRAL / LABEL ARCHIVE is likely working as designed. In order to allow printing of a labels when the label design is checked out, you will either need to:
- Change the default setting “Locked at Check Out” for the category containing the label design
- Or, simply set the instance of CODESOFT checking out the label design to ‘Ready Only’
There are two potential methods to consider:
- Set CODESOFT (Designer) to “Ready-Only” Mode
- Deselect “Lock at Check Out” option in Categories on the LABEL ARCHIVE Server (Label Manager)
Set CODESOFT to always open a document in Read-Only mode. This setting will affect only the computer where this setting is made.
- In CODESOFT, select Tools/Configuration
- Check “Open documents as ‘Read-only’ mode by default”
- Click OK
Set the LABEL ARCHIVE Server to always keep the documents unlocked when checked out. This setting is system-wide. It affects every computer using LABEL ARCHIVE.
- Open LABEL ARCHIVE Server Administration
- Login using a credential with administrative privilege
- At the bottom of the Console Root, expand Documents. You will see CODESOFT
- Select CODESOFT
- On the right pane, uncheck the ‘Lock at Check Out’ box (highlighted, below)
- Repeat this same step for every sub folder under CODESOFT that you wish to use this feature.
- Click Save button on the button bar under the menu
Issue Found: TEKLYNX CENTRAL v4.5
If you need further assistance, please contact us.