To be able to program an application from BACKTRACK onto a Portable data terminal.
These instructions are meant for a Datalogic Falcon X3 running Windows Mobile. Your device may differ from these instructions.
- Take PDT and battery provided out of the box
- Attach the battery to the PDT
- Power on the PDT by holding the power button (The battery should contain a residual charge)
- In the event that the PDT does not power on, charge the PDT on the cradle for 15 minutes, then hold down the power button until the PDT turns on
- Turn off the Bluetooth on the PDT: Start menu > Settings > Connections > Wireless manager > Bluetooth = off
- Turn off WIFI radios on the PDT: Start menu > Settings > Connections > Wireless manager > WI-FI = off
- Adjust screen brightness and dim: Start menu > Settings > System > Backlight > Brightness tab > adjust backlight brightness level to middle tick > uncheck dim If idle for 15 seconds > Auto-off tab > uncheck ‘Battery power, and device is idle for more than’ > check ‘External power, and device is idle for more than 1 minute’.
- Connect the PDT to a workstation: Make sure the PDT is in the cradle > make sure the cradle is powered > connect the USB cable from the cradle to a USB port on the workstation
- Open Windows Mobile Device Center (WMDC) > Confirm that the PDT is synced to WMDC
- Execute BACKTRACK on the workstation
- To program the PDT, navigate to PDT application programming: On BACKTRACK > Main menu > Database maintenance > PDT Functions > PDT application programming > Select your application by checking the box > Ok > Start > wait for BACKTRACK to program the PDT
- Once BACKTRACK has prompted successful completion of programming, check the PDT’s screen for BACKTRACK application
- Perform transactions on the PDT using the BACKTRACK application
- To retrieve data from the PDT, navigate to PDT data retrieval: On BACKTRACK > Main menu > Database maintenance > PDT Functions > PDT data retrieval > Start > Select the records you would like to retrieve > click import