Target Audience: Advanced User, IT Manager
Article #: 12125
It is possible to set a maximum serial number for a print job in CODESOFT. This is typically done in order to prevent too many labels from being printed. This keeps a user from accidentally exceeding the maximum value allowed for a serial number. This article shows how to use @SerialQty control variable.
Begin by opening the desired label design file in CODESOFT.
- Create Qty as a When Printed field.
- Add Max value as an Advanced Data Source
- Set up the Counter using the new Max value as Maximum.
- Add a formula to calculate the number of labels remaining before reaching the maximum value. (Shown here as LabelLeft)
- Add the @SerialQtyForumula to set the Actual Print Quantity to the lesser of the Requested Print Quantity or LabelLeft Value.
- Test the label to confirm that it will not print a label exceeding the maximum serial number.
Tested Using CODESOFT 2019
If you need further assistance, please contact us.