This Error Message Article explains the Windows Services error message “The TkxSvr Servers Service service on the Local Computer started and then stopped. Some services stop automatically if they are not in use by other services or programs.” and details how to fix the underlying problem that caused it to appear.
There is a problem with the TkxSvr Servers Service. This is typically an issue with the service not being able to access the resources needed at startup. Often this is UMSS database related (security, licensing, etc.).
Look for more information about why the service is having a problem. This can include:
- If TEKLYNX CENTRAL and SQL server are not on the same server and this problem occurs immediately after server reboot.
- Check the TkxSvrService event log under Applications and Services Log. Look for Error event(s) with Event ID = 0. The message is Cannot open storage database with connetion:… The problem may be related to the SQL server. The SQL server may not be ready when TkxSvrService was trying to connect to the database. This could happen if both servers were rebooted at the same time (server patch, power outage or accidental power loss).
- Restart the TkxSvrService or reboot the TEKLYNX CENTRAL server after the SQL server is fully operational.
- Check the TkxSvrService node under Applications and Services Logs in Windows Event Viewer (on the server)
- Enable tracing on NLog.config in c:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\TkxSvrServers (on the server)
Issue Found: TEKLYNX CENTRAL v4.6 running on Windows 2012 R2