This article explains the BACKTRACK problem that causes custom fields to disappear when certain security features are enabled. This appears to be a bug and the Solution section below explains how to avoid it until the bug is fixed.
- System uses ID/Password security
- Added fields disappear from ITEM Update screen ONLY after these options are checked:
- Require User ID/Password to be entered when program is started
- Require User ID/Password for Maintenance
- Fields reappear if security options are unchecked
- This problem only occurs when both boxes are checked. If only one (does not matter which one) is checked, then everything behave as its should.
We believe this is a bug within BACKTRACK.
Until the bug is fixed, one or the other security options must be checked but not both.