Target Audience: IT Manager, IT Support
Article #: 11536
This Instruction Article will guide you through the process of removing TEKLYNX system registry entries which might cause the CODESOFT installer to fail during an upgrade. This article applies system registry files for CODESOFT, LABELVIEW and LABEL MATRIX.
You may need to remove TEKLYNX system registry entries due to corrupted files or missing key files creating conflict with the installer when attempting to upgrade to the latest version of the CODESOFT application, causing the installation to fail.
- Make a backup of the System Registry file.
WARNING!!! Changing the system registry can permanently damage your system setup. USE EXTREME CARE.
- Run the Registry Editor in Windows.
- Navigate to the HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\Installer\Products folder.
- Click on each entry and look for ProductName with a TEKLYNX labeling product such as CODESOFT, LABELVIEW or LABELMATRIX
- If you see such a file, right-click and select Delete.
- Rerun the CODESOFT Installer.
Issue Found: Windows 10 v 1909; CODESOFT 2019
If you need further assistance, please contact us.