This article explains possible causes for license server problems on BACKTRACK and presents several possible solutions to these problems.
BACKTRACK is unable to start because it can not obtain the license information needed. This can be due to:
- License is not valid
- Number of licenses exceeded
- License manager service is not running or missing
- Port to license service is blocked
- Workstation disconnected from the network
Making sure that a valid license or proper services are running will fix this problem
- License is not valid – Navigate to Start menu > All programs > Teklynx > BACKTRACK > license manager.
- Number of license exceeded – Navigate to Start menu > All programs > Teklynx > BACKTRACK > license manager.
- License manager service is not running – make sure the license service is running. Navigate to Start menu > in the search bar, type “Services.msc” > Navigate to service ‘Teklynx license service’ and confirm that the service is active and running.
- Port to license services is blocked (default port #41000) – check to see if Windows Firewall is blocking the port (see Windows Problem article Windows Firewall Is Blocking A Program – KBA-01081-B9V7T7)
- Workstation disconnected from the network – check network connections.
- Determining if Windows Firewall is Active – KBA-01080-K6T5J8
- Unable to start BACKTRACK with valid license – KBA-01166-L3P5J6
- How to check if soft key license has expired – KBA-01167-X7W7M4