Target Audience: Basic User, Advanced User, IT Manager
Article #: 11075
The LABEL ARCHIVE Server service failed to start when the server was rebooted. It also did not fully launch when manually started.
Situations and Symptoms
- When the server restarted, LABEL ARCHIVE Server did not start despite its Startup type being set as Automatic.
- Manually starting the service resulted in the service being stuck in Starting status
- When launching the service in Console Mode startconcole.bat in C:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\Label Archive Server, no error messages were shown.
- Removing Windows update KB4561616 did not resolve the situation.
- However, the following error message appeared in the Windows Application Log:
Faulting application name: TkxCnxLAS.exe, version: 18.104.22.168, time stamp: 0x5c487828
Faulting module name: TkxCnxLAS.exe, version: 22.214.171.124, time stamp: 0x5c487828
Exception code: 0xc0000005
Fault offset: 0x0021c8ce
Faulting process id: 0x120c
Faulting application start time: 0x01d63f7f6ae8dba5
Faulting application path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\Label Archive Server\TkxCnxLAS.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\Label Archive Server\TkxCnxLAS.exe
Report Id: 4a4fcb57-9d6a-4a1f-bf4f-f216eb2c4907
Faulting package full name:
Faulting package-relative application ID:
We were able to trace the problem back to a conflict with the Carbon Black anti-virus software installed in the machine.
We found that the LABEL ARCHIVE Server service could be properly launched once Carbon Black was put into Bypass mode.