This article explains several possible reasons LABEL ARCHIVE server administration application may not be working.
When trying to open LABEL ARCHIVE Server Administrator the application displays an error message.
LABEL ARCHIVE Server Administrator will not start due to the following:
- The LABEL ARCHIVE Server service has not started
- The LABEL ARCHIVE Server Administrator is unable to communicate with the database
- License key for LABEL ARCHIVE has not been activated
Issue #1 – the LABEL ARCHIVE Server service has not started
Go to Services and make sure that the following services started
- Label Archive Server
- TkxServer Services Service
If you encounter problems check out the following links.
- “Services The Label Archive Server service on LABELARCHIVE started and then stopped.” – LABEL ARCHIVE Error Message
- “Service cannot be started…System.ApplicationException: UMSS failed to Log on with default user. Error code: USER_ACCOUNT_LOCKED at TkxArv.Server.UMSS.UMSSClient.Start()” – LABEL ARCHIVE Error Message
Issue #2 – the LABEL ARCHIVE Server Administrator is unable to communicate with the database
- Identify where the SQL server is (in many cases, it is the same server where LABEL ARCHIVE is installed). Verify that the SQL server/services are running. If not, start them. If the services/server refuses to start, please contact IT for assistant.
Issue #3 – the License key for LABEL ARCHIVE has not been activated
- Purchase and activate a correct license for LABEL ARCHIVE
- Activate the license using LABEL ARCHIVE License Manager
KBA-01582-K1P8T8: Utilize Teklynx Troubleshoot Tool to Determine Why TkxSvrServices Service is not Starting