This Instruction Article explains how to install TEKLYNX CENTRAL (TC) version 4.5 on a modern Windows Server 2008 R2. Some of the pre-defined images of the Server 2008 has .NET software already installed. This can cause unexpected issues during installation.
- Windows 2008 R2 Datacenter version
- Microsoft .Net Framework 4.7.1 (pre-installed)
- Enable Windows Feature: Web Server IIS with the following options
- Static Content
- Default Document
- Directory Browsing
- HTTP Errors
- HTTP Redirection
- .NET Extensibility
- ISAPI Extensions
- ISAPI Filters
- HTTP Logging
- Logging Tools
- Request Monitor
- Customer Logging
- Windows Authentication
- URL Authorization
- Request Filtering
- Static Content Compression
- IIS Management Console
- Add Feature: .NET Framework 3.5.1 Features (.NET Framework 3.5.1 only)
- Install SQL 2008 Server
- In Programs and Features, repair the Microsoft .NET Framework 4.7.1 – This will place options in ISAPI restrictions and filters.
- In IIS Manager Console, select server on the left window
- Double-Click ISAPI and CGI Restrictions on the Right window pane
- Make sure that all the restrictions are set to Allowed
- Install TEKLYNX CENTRAL (TC)
- TC will insist on installing .NET 4.5 – It will fail. Ignore the error message and proceed. Reboot as requested by the installation program.
- During the interviewing process, the installation program may present you with a warning message about “IIS is not configured properly. Please, make sure that ISAP restrictions are valid.”. Ignore the message and proceed with the software installation. See Additional Comments below.
We have speculated that the false error message in step 10 above may be due to TC v4.5 installer not seeing an expected .NET version of 4.5 even though the .NET repair process successfully installs the missing files.