This Instruction Article explains how to fix a SQL error in the Advanced Designer for BACKTRACK.
- Good understanding of SQL
- Familiarity with building and writing reports
- Solid understanding of BACKTRACK database structure
- In the main BACKTRACK window click the Design/Print Reports button.
- Select the offending report in the list and click the Edit button
- Click the Advanced Designer button
- In the Data window select the node Data Sources -> [database name] -> [table name]
- In the Properties window click on SelectCommand row and add or remove required elements of the SQL statement
- Save the report, close and test the report
These instructions were written to resolve an “Rich3: Error in expression…” error message that occurred when using a report as a receipt after a BACKTRACK user upgraded to v2015.