This Error Message Article explains the TEKLYNX CENTRAL error message “Failed to get label configuration.” and details how to fix the underlying problem that caused it to appear.
In the browser interface, when adding a label, LABELNET is unable to pull the required data from the label design stored in LABEL ARCHIVE. Four situations have seen this problem:
- Label Checked Out
In the case that first triggered this message, the Final Draft of that label had been checked out in CODESOFT. Once CODESOFT was closed, the browser interface was able to add the label.
- SENTINEL “TC Preview” Not Functioning
The second case where we saw this message appear was when the SENTINEL “TC Preview” got ‘stuck’ in Parsing mode.
- Label Design File Name Missing “.”
If the label design file name is missing an extension (i.e. “.” after the file name), LABELNET cannot locate it to add it to the browser interface.
- ‘PrintUser’ account in UMSS is locked
In the case that trigger this message, the PrintUser account was locked in the UMSS uses table.
Check for the conditions above:
- Is the label design currently checked out?
- Does the Label Print Manager show the TCPreview SENTINEL in a “Waiting” state?
- Do you see the extension marker “.” near the end of the label name in LABEL ARCHIVE?
- Is the user account in UMSS locked? If so, unlock it.
Related Articles: SENTINEL Stuck in Parsing and Cannot be Stopped – KBA-01842-Y6R0J8
Issue Found: Windows 8, running TC 4.5, with Application Interface: IE 11