This Reference Article defines and explains how to enable LABEL ARCHIVE tracing for troubleshooting purpose.
Enable Tracing in LABEL ARCHIVE – Requires restart of the LABEL ARCHIVE services (TkxSvrService and Label Archive Server)
LABEL ARCHIVE 2015 and later
Tracing has been moved to config files. They become more extended, you can set reporting level, folders etc. You need to enable log for specific product:
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\Label Archive Client\NLog.config
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\Label Archive Server\NLog.config
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\LABELNET WebAdmin\NLog.config
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\LABELNET WebSite\NLog.config
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\TkxSvrClients\NLog.config
- c:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx\TkxSvrServers\NLog.config
*For example for LAS you need to find the line <logger name=”TkxArv.*” writeTo=”file” minlevel=”Off” /> and change “Off” to reference to one of the following levels: Trace,Debug,Info,Warn,Error,Fatal (usually Trace is appropriate)
Log file will be located under C:\ProgramData\Teklynx\[product]\Logs by default. This can be modified to consolidate trace files to one location.
LABEL ARCHIVE 2014 and earlier
LABEL ARCHIVE SERVER ADMINISTRATION > Settings > Functions Node > Tracing
- If you did not use the default location for software installation, you will need to adjust the file location accordingly.
- You must hit the save icon on the top of the screen in order to save changes and enable tracing.
- Remember to turn the logging off when you are done.