This Instruction Article explains how to enable tracing or logging for TkxSvrService process. This is useful in troubleshooting problems with TkxSvrService service. Typically this involves issues related to the overall functioning of TEKLYNX CENTRAL including starting other services, database connections, etc.
- On the server, locate the folder where TEKLYNX CENTRAL is installed. Usually it is C:\Program Files (x86)\Teklynx.
- Select the folder TkxSvrServers
- Locate NLog.config
- Make a backup copy of the file
- Edit the file using Notepad or similar program
- The file should look something like this:
- Locate the line <Logger name = …. (see picture above)
- Change minlevel=”Off” to minlevel=”Trace”
- Save the file
- Reboot the server
- The log file will be written to C:\ProgramData\Teklynx\UmssMsgs\Logs
Note: This feature should be disabled once you finish troubleshooting the problem. The file may/can get large very quickly.