This Instruction Article explains how to activate or deactivate network license for TEKLYNX software products (LABEL MATRIX, LABELVIEW and CODESOFT). This may be required when moving a license to a different workstation or to force a subscription license to update the renewal date.
- Find Serial Number and Password – If activating, remember to to have your Serial Number and Password handy. It will be REQUIRED to reactivate your software! If you cannot find your license serial number, try this article If you cannot find your password, contact EBI for assistance.
- Verify Internet Connection – Required for successful deactivation and reactivation.
- Check Network Utility Installed – This article assumes that you already installed the Network Utility software on a server or PC. A client workstation will NOT have the utility installed. You must work on the computer (usually server but can be a PC) where Network Utility is running.
- Remember to Deactivate First (as shown below) – ALWAYS deactivate your license before trying to reactivate it. Failure to deactivate a previously activated license will likely prevent a subsequent activation.
- Open the Network Toolbar Utility – two methods:
- Server Desktop: The Network Toolbar utility should already be running on the server. In a typical installation, you can find the program user interface at the upper right corner of the desktop.
- All Programs / Apps: If you cannot locate the Network Toolbar program on the screen, try manually starting it. You can also locate the program in the Teklynx Network License Manager folder.
- Select “License Upgrade” – On the Network Toolbar user interface, click on the License Upgrade option
- Click “Yes” on the UAC screen
- Select “Deactivate”
- Reopen “License Upgrade” Screen – Follow steps 1-3 above again.
- Select “Activate”
- Enter Credentials – Complete the Serial Number and Password fields and select next. You should get a confirmation screen once the software is able to verify the credentials and activation through the Internet.