This Error Message Article explains the CODESOFT, SENTINEL, or TEKLYNX CENTRAL error message “Cannot establish connection Try again ?” generated when using the Test Connection button setting up a printer with Direct Print Method and details how to fix the underlying problem that caused it to appear.
This message appears after using the Test connection button to verify the TCP/IP connection parameters are valid. The error indicates that the CODESOFT print engine (accessed through CODESOFT, SENTINEL, or TEKLYNX CENTRAL) cannot establish a TCP/IP network connection to the IP address and port entered.
The solution to the connection issue typically requires resolution of one or several general problems:
Inspect the printer to make sure it is ready to accept print jobs from CODESOFT. You may want to check:
- Is the printer powered on with correct indicators (i.e. green LED light, LCD panel says ‘Ready’ or ‘On Line’)?
- Is the network Ethernet cable securely plugged into the printer and/or printer server? If the Ethernet port has LED indicator lights, do they indicate network activity (e.g. blinking)
- Is the Ethernet print server configured correctly? Typically these settings can be accessed via a front LCD panel display and/or via browser interface accessed by entering the Ethernet print server IP address
Verify the connection from the PC or server is valid through to the printer. This may require a specialist with network infrastructure and or security. Common problems include:
- Network security blocking access
- PC or server not properly connected and/or configured for the network
Confirm the printer settings in CODESOFT. TEKLYNX provides a convenient tool in the TCP/IP (Telnet) Connection window to test the settings.
File > Select Printer > Port... button > TCP/IP button
If it connects, you get “Establish connection successfully !”.
Issue Found: CODESOFT v2015 running on Windows 10